Connecting people with plants and enjoying the outdoors.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of the garden. Donating your time is a great way to connect with others, learn about plants and meet other horticultural enthusiasts. We offer a wide range of opportunities for both working hands-on in the garden, and helping with events, fundraising and other ‘behind-the-scenes’ positions. Learn new skills working on diverse projects, and help improve current ones. Volunteer at Sears Sunken Garden to see where people and plants thrive together.
What we offer.
- Knowledge – Receive training specific to your assignment.
- Flexibility – Volunteer opportunities will be available on weekdays and weekends. Help out once a week or once a month.
- Openness – Two to three-hour work sessions are primarily held in the spring, summer, and fall. Volunteer at most any age, from 13 to 80+.
Areas of interest.
- Horticulture – You don’t need a green thumb! Hands-on caring for plants in the garden.
- Education & Visitor Experience – Prepare materials for the garden, and help organize and give tours. Share your knowledge and interests with visitors.
- Special Events – Diverse range of volunteer needs at each event; fulfillment of student community service credit. Youth opportunities for teens between the ages of 13-17.
Group Volunteer Sessions
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about Group Volunteer Sessions for Corporate, Community, and School Groups.